1-Day Hiking Mt. Longonot Experience
Mount Longonot is a volcano located southeast of Lake Naivasha in the Great Rift Valley of Kenya, Africa. It is thought to have last erupted in the 1860s. Its name is derived from the Maasai word Oloonong’ot, which means “mountains of many spurs” or “steep ridges”
- Private tour. This tour will be organized exclusively for you. However, hiking activities will be shared with others.
- Can start any day. If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
- Can be customized. You can request changes to this tour.
- Suitable for solo travelers. Solo travelers can book this private tour.
- Not suitable for children
- A transfer from and back to the airport included
- Activities: game drives & other activities
- Additional accommodation can be arranged for an extra cost.
- You’ll be collected from the airport.
- Accommodation before the tour starts can be arranged for an extra cost.
Day 1: Mt. longonot
After breakfast, we pick you up from your hotel and start driving to Mt Longonot via the Great Rift valley viewpoint, where you can enjoy the scenery and take photos of the Amazing great Rift valley come all the way from Jordan. Proceed driving through Mahiu town to the base of Mt Longonot where the trekking start. Hike for about 3 hours to the summit (2760m). After taking photos at the top, start descending down for about one and half hours to the gate. Catch your transportion and start driving for your hot lunch at Mai Mahiu town, after lunch drive further towards Nairobi arriving late afternoon and drop to your hotel with great smile for Mt Longonot Experience.
Main Destination: Mt Longonot
Accommodation: no Accommodation